Safety Tips While Using the Classified Ads
The best way to avoid fraud while selling your product on any Classified Ads Platform is to meet the buyer in person let him evaluate the product and accept payment upfront. The payment can be in cash or online. If you’re shipping your product out of your city/state, please ask for payment before you ship your product. However, this type of deal will generally fall through because neither can you trust the buyer nor the buyer would trust you.
So, the best practice is to do deal face-to-face.
- No money in advance. Request for payment in advance generally always turns out to be attempted fraud. Never transfer money in advance. This applies to both cash transfer payments and bank transfers. In both cases it is possible to cash the money with a false ID, and you have no recourse for getting your money back! You are taking a large risk with this type of transaction as you do not know the recipient.
- Paperwork sent by electronic means can be easily forged and does not offer any guarantee about the identity of the person selling the vehicle or that the documents are valid proof of ownership of a vehicle.
- As a seller, take precautions against fraud. Sellers are often paid by cheque for a vehicle transaction, which turns out to not have sufficient funds. We strongly advise you not to accept cheques as a means of payment.
- Make sure that you get the full payment for the services or goods that you advertise in our site before closing the deal.
- The location you plan to meet the buyer must be a safe place.
- Before accepting the money orders or currency notes, check them thoroughly.
- If you receive any fake notes then contact the buyer or seller immediately as banks don’t honor them.
- If you get orders in bulk, verify the credentials before delivering the order.
- Ask for a valid id with a photo and address proof from the buyer.
- Be honest with the ad you post and enjoy a direct customer experience.
- One of the most important things is to not disclose financial or personal information other than what is needed for the payment in the free classifieds sites.
Safe Purchase Tips
- The location must be secure where you meet the seller.
- Also, ensure to check the items before paying.
- Stay away from unreasonable offers, and if something is available at really low prices then the users need to check it properly.
- Do not make an abrupt decision, especially for house rentals.
- To enjoy a safe and dispute-free deal, it is best to inspect and collect and then pay to close the deal.
- If you have unclear details about the item then clarify before buying.
- Check the delivery terms, mode of payment, and the price.
- Also, do not give anyone your financial information and select the payment option that is comfortable for you.
- Buy the items directly from the vendor and check the goods beforehand.
- You can also hire third-party services to know the condition of the item you are planning to purchase.
- Compare the prices before making the purchase.